Re: [CH] website and Jim's Package

Dan Hirschi (danhirschi@earthlink.net)
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:30:26 -0400

At 01:27 PM 9/30/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Is there a problem with the Chile-head website?  I was unable to access it
>last night and am still having problems.  Figures, here I am all ready to
>make some hot sauce and I can't get to the recipe I wanted to use.  *sigh*

Do you know the name of the sauce?  Maybe one of the list members has a
copy of the recipe.

Also
Just got my order from Jim Campbell (Jim, you are a saint as always--thanks
for the 'gift').  Thought I'd see how the smoked red savina powder differs
from the regular--at this point both just burn like hell!  Talk about Hunan
nose!  I just finished trying the smoked on a bowl of vanilla ice
cream--good but I'm not used the heat--I may have to stick to chipotle on
vanilla...

Do milder peppers get smoked.  When I cook with chipotles, sometimes I get
carried away, seasoning for a nice smoky flavor.  Of course the heat level
is then too high for many of my friends, and sometimes even me.  If a
milder chile were smoked, one could get a good flavor and keep the heat
level where others could enjoy the dish...

Dan
now looking for chile-heads in Eastern Tennessee, Western Virginia and
Western North Carolina.