Re: [CH] about pictures - Speaking of pets and peppers

Ted Wagner (trwagner1@yahoo.com)
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 05:06:58 -0700 (PDT)

This reminds me.

A little story about my cat.  I have a calico cat, about 10 years old.
She's a great cat.  But, she's a little too nosey.

I laid out many of my peppers on the table in the garage so
condensation wouldn't build up in the bags overnight as the garage can
get cold.

While watching a Mel Brooks movie in the garage, I didn't notice the
cat on the table.  hey, what can I say.  Mel Brooks movies are a
classics to us Hoosiers.

A commercial came on and I looked over at the cat.  Now, mind you, this
is an affectionate hurl of words at the cat...that dumb cat was eating
a Thai Dragon.  She got a good chunk off the tip.  She got a good bite
of heat too and dropped it.  Ok, so I think, lesson learned for the
cat.  Nooooooooooooooooooo   she picked up that pepper by the stem end.
 I had de-stemmed many earlier and that happened to be one.

She begins to pick up the stem end in her mouth.  At this point, I
lunge at the cat and try to shew her away.  Stubborn cat must have
Polish blood!  She stood her ground and took a bite from the stem end.
I'm standing there amazed and she shakes her head violently and the pod
goes flying into the corner of the garage.  She looks at me with a look
of complete fright.  "Well you dumb cat, I tried to stop you."

She doesn't like milk.  So, I could not find a way to relieve that poor
cat of her agony....she was foaming at the mouth for about 10 minutes.
I put the peppers in a milk crate and covered them up with an old thin
blanket.  Would  you believe I found the cat laying on top of that
blanket right on top of the peppers the next day?  ;-)

She's a glutten for punishment.  I never knew she liked peppers.

Ted