Re: [CH] Open Fields-hab jelly etc.

bill jernigan (billjernigan@iqonline.net)
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:54:18 -0400

At 08:08 PM 10/10/01 -0400, Dan Hirschi wrote:

>Peel from 1/2 a lime, cut in thin strips
>1 red fresno pepper cut in thirds, lengthwise
>2 green serrano peppers, cut in thirds, lengthwise
>(That's what was in the bottle at the open fields--use whatever peppers
>look good to you)
>add to 750 ml vodka and let sit several weeks.
>if the batch is too hot, mix it down with regular vodka to achieve desired
>heat

unfortunately, my limes, which were destined to be an ingredient in a
signature dish by the visiting chef (who shall remain nameless) were bitten
by the frost bug...will get another tomorrow and prepare this...i picture
the peel in one continous strip, floating in the bottle like a lime
slinky...should be fantastic straight out of the freezer...for medicinal
purposes only, of course...<chortle>

bill

Coach: How about a beer, Norm?
Norm:  Hey I'm high on life, Coach.  Of course, beer is my life.
                 -- Cheers, No Help Wanted