Re: [CH] Gloves?

Matt Prerost (mprerost@home.com)
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:19:26 -0500

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:11:39 -0500, you wrote:

>I, too, had a case of Hunan hand this summer even while using gloves.  They
>were the medical kind so now I know why cap seems to stream into them.

I didn't like the way some of the medical gloves fit my hands.  Also I
had a tendency to cut them open, sometimes without my knowledge.  For
a while I would only use them on small batches.  But after I ran out I
have gone gloveless for small batches.

>What's the answer...is there a special kind of flexible, thin gloves that
>are more protective.  Those bulky ones don't let my little hands work well!
>I like the freedom of the thin ones but not the seep through.

I used some K-Mart housecleaning gloves for a few years.  You know
those yellow ones.  Not sure if they are thin enough for you but they
don't bother me at all.  They would only be good for a batch or so,
but no hunan hand.  I would do real large batches with them so the $1
I spent on the was well worth it.  I was really lucky that they seem
to fit my hand, well like a glove.  But last year they were becoming
hard to come by so I went looking for some different ones.

I looked around in Lowes they had all kinds, most of them more than I
was willing to pay for gloves that I didn't know that would fit good
and that might not last longer than the regular yellow ones.  But on
my way out of the store I walked through the cleaning section.  And
there I saw them the sitting in a nice box that I could open and try
on.  They are "Mr. Clean Neoprene coated Latex gloves".  I have used
same pair around 3 times already and they still don't seem to leak.  I
love these gloves. They are the same thickness as the regular yellow
ones.

Matt