Re: [CH] yellowing under artificial light

Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:56:40 -0500

Karen,

More info from you is needed, but without more info, I can only guess.   Am guessing that they don't have enough light or are drowning in too much water.

Are these plants that you took inside that had already been growing outside.

Did you repot w/new growing medium?

What brand, what wattage & how many of the lights do you have on?

6' away sounds way too far away for fluorescent lights unless you have many of them.  That far away usually requires Metal Halide and/or High Pressure Sodium bulbs.

Do you have a fan?

I've grown under lights in my basement with and without a hydroponic setup.  Not an expert, but am aware of the basics.

John