Re: [CH] Smoked peppers

buzz (buzzdean@wctc.net)
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:00:40 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Love2Troll" <Love2Troll@kc.rr.com>
To: "chile-heads" <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] Smoked peppers

>noticed the lump charcoal.  Where do you get that stuff?  I'm in the KC, MO
area and all we seem to have are Kingsford briquets and other foul tasting
brands.  The Kingsford imparts a *flavor* that I am starting to hate more &
more each year.  It used to be quite good.  I start my fires with a propane
torch to avoid any petrol taste.
I buy most of my lump either at Super WM(real brand) or Menards(Cowboy
lump), True value and Ace hardware both have lump and Hardwood briq. in
there catalogs for orders, or ya can make your own, did that a couple times
but now I buy whereever I can find it here in Wis.  Smoked lbs of Habs ala
Jim M methods this year--worked great
Buzz