Re: [CH] Charcoal Starters

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 10:32:46 -0400

At 07:01 PM 10/19/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Why spend big bux$, when all you need is an old coffee can? I use a 1 Lb
>can, drill or punch 1/2" holes. Fill it with the desired amount of charcoal,
>then stick the end of a lit Bernzomatic torch in one of the holes. I use
>Channel Locks to grab can and dump into grill/smoker.

Luckily I'm in a position where $12 is not considered "Big Bux," and the
Weber chimney will hold 3 times the amount of charcoal.  I can light an
entire load of charcoal for a kettle grill in 15 minutes and not have to
worry about burning myself by messing with an uinshielded tin can full of
hot coals with a pair of pliers.

=Mark