[CH] old ramblings on Open fields

Leslie & Boris Mandich (RNonRun@bellsouth.net)
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 19:08:18 +0100

not sure how I sent this incorrectly...... oh well
--leslie

Subject:    Information on your Chile-Heads message
        Date:   Sun, 21 Oct 2001 14:08:06 -0800
       From:    "Mike Bowers, Owner, Chile-Heads" chile@wiley.gsm.ucdavis.edu>
            To:me

I wrote:

From: "Alex Silbajoris" <asilbajo@hotmail.com>

> I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and re-meeting many correspondents, and I hope > this event will happen again next year.  I picked only about 1/4 as much as > I picked most years, partly because I had a smaller car

Enjoyed meeting Alex & Linda!  and wasn't it here that I tasted the
delicious mushrooms not particularly hot but very tasty indeed!??!?! Mmmmmm
When I wade my way through email/digests will I find the recipe for
them????  (hint hint)

>   In a small car driving")

Yeah Alex is not particularly small to match. just slightly over the
national average of 5'10''   Lol!

> As night fell and God eased central Indiana down the frozen-foods asile, I
> sat at the fire and chatted with about about 20-30 people.  I blinked once
> and there were about 8 people, sayng things like "Hey, you're alive!"

Yep, frozen food isle....man how come I never learned to write like this???
so true!!

> The crew filmed people waking up and making coffee, and I was convinced to > take a dare and touch my tongue to a frozen habanero.  While they filmed > John and others filming breakfast I made off-camera comments like "So, > Emeril didn't make it?" and

Sorry I missed this... obviously a highlight of the trip.... Bert & I
were very warmly in Bed with defrosted Chile-peppers dancing through MY
head.
(I think hers were (heeYah!) field mice Kung-Fu-ing around the campfire!!)

> Sunday developed into a beautiful day.  By the time Linda and I came back
> from checking out of the hotel, almost everyone was already gone.  (A
> general rule here is, the farther they have to go, the earlier they leave.)
> I picked a bucket of various chiles, and I'm still considering just how I
> will use each type.

Yes & so we simply must get together once more so I can try again.

> Linda and I luxuriated in a warm sunny private orchard and left only with
> great reluctance.  It was dark again before I crossed back into Ohio,

and Chad & I waved them farewell as they drove off into the sunset still
pick pickin' away.....  man am I enjoying the Chiles.. & sauces... boy
my family is wary!! LOL!!! "Now what's that smell???"" cough cough....
got any unadulterated food mom??
My 15 year old volunteering to make me a quesa d's  standing around
trying to see what will happen on the first bite...... Uh Ben uh two
dried chiles is kinda  a lot for me on one tortilla uh... fanning mouth
and dancing in place do we have any sour cream.??
Evil Grin on his face.... won't be letting him into Raels Alma Mater.......

> I'm still sitting back and savoring the recollections of the event - the
> people, the food, the scenery.  Thanks to all who participated!  Now I'm
> sitting back in my cubicle, staring at gray fabric partitions and thinking
> of gardens.  I brought along Electric Ladyland at least, to remind me of
> Rael.  "Have Hendrix, will pick."

What he said.......

IT was just what I needed.

> From: OverFedLongHairedLeapingGnome <raelsixfour@cableone.net>

> Anywho, the event was wonderful, yes it was.  Many faces that i'll
> never keep in my head, good grub (and i'm sorry, but i really did
> enjoy *not* cooking), good goodies from many folks (thanks to all),
> and more fucking chiles than i've ever seen in my life.

Well I might not have said it that way exactly but yeah what He said lol!

> So, regardless of the situation, the State of the Fields, or
> whatever, Rael puts in his vote that the Open Fields continue next
> year in some fashion or form.  No promise that I can make it again
> next year, of course, but I'll damn sure try to do so.

> And if i do, I'll either drive and bring some gear, or plan it out
> mo' better...

Yeah probably me too. that Fog was a Bewitching at 02:30 in the morning
to the motel.
 Cat on the dash meowing out warnings.....

> From: "Carol A. Sharpe" <sharwa@cora.net>

> > OK!!!
> >     I figured out Leslie is the red head with the tabby cat snuggled in
> her > > collar. .....right?

HI Carol!! yep that was us!! although by dark/dark I put her in the
car.... there was plenty of missing Chile brew and folks aren't really
expecting a small critter at the end of a pink leash in the night.
Still have her though she is settling down a bit and not having TWO
kittens in the apt helps DHs nerves.... she is a good snugger though

--leslie with visions of open fields playing through my head...

If you want this message to be seen by the rest of the list, please
resend it
with the appropriate subject to the posting address:

done deaL