Re: [CH] **SIMPLE** pepper marinade wamted

Inagaddadavida, Baby (raelsixfour@cableone.net)
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 07:24:33 -0600

At 7:09 PM -0500 10/23/01, Love2Troll wrote:
>  Eruna writes:  "Hope that helps John, but really you can't go
>wrong, just play with it and have fun. Tschau,"
>
>Bill writes:  "or, you can go straight to the source at:
>www.wildpepper.com ..."
>
>Thanks to the both of you.  This is going to be fun.  And to Dan
>Hirschi....  thanks also, but I want something simple for now. The
>orange juice part of your suggestion sounds wonderful and will try
>to incorporate that.  And the more that I think about your recipe
>the better I like it.  I have Mexican oregano, thyme & a couple of
>sweet bay plants growing on my deck now.  Hmmmm....

tequila, olive oil, thyme, mex oregano, lime (fresh!) juice...and of
course, chiles your choice...i'd just rough chop some and toss em
in...this  is also great (better, IMO) with cilantro as the only
herb...

give that a shot...the only more simple recipe i know of is one i
used at a restaurant a long time ago that was pretty much equal parts
of oil and red wine, and soy to taste...i always thought it was
pretty nasty, but some folks loved it...better for beef though...use
white wine or sherry for chicken...you could use the bay in these
marinades

actually, this comes to mind now that i'm "thinking"..another
restaurant marinade...was a bit complicated when we made it, but one
could do well with just the basics and add too it as desired:
pineapple juice, ginger, chile powder of choice, maybe a bit of
vinegar to give it a punch (and most folks know i do not luv vinegar
so i ain't talking much)...probably a bit of soya as well for
salt/color/flavor too...

so, that's as basic as this redneck ex-cook can get...which usually
ain't too basic...

--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael64