Re: [CH] Chile Themed Restaraunts?

Eruna Schultheiss (eruna@taom.com)
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 23:21:02 -0600

On Thursday, October 25, 2001, at 05:01 , Holder, John wrote:
> Chipotle Mexican Grill started in Denver.  They are alright.
> Of course, McDonalds bought them about, I think, a year ago.
> I don't go there anymore, I like the burritos at several other
> local places better.

John and Alex,

We are not into fast-food at all, but take-out from Chipotle Mexican
Grill used to be my way out of cooking a dinner. Their hottest sauce
isn't bad, however, like you John, we don't get our burritos there any more.
The rice took a big dive and the ingredients aren't as fresh any more, so we
said good-bye to them like you.

As far as the decor is concerned:

On Friday, October 26, 2001, at 01:49 , Alex Silbajoris wrote:
> We have the Chipotle Grill locations here, too - only went once. The
> decor is this strange neo-industrial, lots of corrugated metal and rivets.

I fully agree with what you write about the decor. It's not that I have a
problem  with contemporary, but the place is just not inviting to sit down.
That's why it was our take-out place.

Now a question for you John: which are your favorite local burrito places?
The chain which was Zteka and is now called Qdoba? We let you be the judge,
since both you and your wife are from New Mexico. I will voice my opinion,
when it comes to Thai and Indian places ...

Tschau,

Eruna