Re: [CH] Chomp!

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 10:51:43 -0400

At 03:08 PM 10/26/01 -0700, you wrote:
>> Reminds me of the soup you get in certain Thai restaurants, would
*somebody*
>> clue them in that there are certain parts (Read: MOST) of lemongrass
that are
>> inedible?
>
>Sorry, but I bet they aren't the ones needing to be clued in.
>
>I bet the Citrus hystrix leaves, lemon grass, bones (if present), and
>various other items are added only for flavoring (or convenience) not
>calories and 'the locals' don't usually eat them and also don't suggest
>anyone eat them.  Just like the whole spices often found in Indian cooking
>aren't usually eaten.

Duh...

Well, that's pretty obvious, and I don't mind sorting out the inedible
stuff if it is left large enough to deal with.  The places I refer to grind
the lemongrass so fine that it is virtually impossible to avoid.  It's as
if they put a quarter cup of sawdust into the soup.  I can assure that this
inedible stuff is only encountered once as I don't return to those
establishments.

=Mark