Re: [CH] Newbie habanero question

Matt Prerost (mprerost@home.com)
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 22:24:17 -0600

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001 20:41:52 -0400, you wrote:

>Yeah, Tee Bear. Welcome to the list.
>
>For some reason Habs seem to rot faster than most chiles, I've found. I
>would refrigerate them. But otherwise, cut the rot off and make sure they
>aren't rotten inside. I find that sometimes habs are fine on the outside and
>the inside has some rot. I just cut the rotten parts off and eat the rest.

Yes Habs seem to good bad real fast.  For that reason if you are
buying them from a supermarket you should get more than you need.
Most of the time with the ones I grow I can tell if they are going bad
before I even cut them open by holding them next to a light bulb.
Also for some reason regular habs go bad a lot more than other hab
types I have grown.

Matt