[CH] Re: To the Jungle and Back

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 05:57:36

>From: Myron Menaker <myronm@bellsouth.net>

>Where is this?? Just north of Cincy...near Route I-75 or I-71? I have
>not been following the thread!

The store is on Rt. 4 (the "Dixie Highway") a few miles north of the Cinci
outerbelt.  I admit I've never measured the distance from the outerbelt to
the store, but I would guess about six miles.

Yes, they did have the table in the back with the hot sauces.  I didn't
recognize any of the names, though, and I didn't want to get myself started
on a burn cycle.  Plus I had no appetite after that restaurant lunch, which
may explain how we got out of there for under $150.

Today I was browsing in the local groceries (I should just get a job as a
stock boy) and many of the prices in the produce setion were twice as high
as I had seen at the jungle.  But it isn't the price that sends me to that
store, it's the incomparable selection.  If I lived closer, I'd be buying
more meats and fish and cheese and short-term perishables.  As it is, I can
make my way there once a year or so, so I like to stock up on things like
sauces and dry goods like the excellent house-brand rice pilaf mix.  The
city I live in has decent groceries - which I have learned to appreciate
when I travel/camp in much smaller towns - but this place is the best.

Risa, if you're a hour and fifteen minutes away from a place like this,
you're 45 minutes luckier than I am!

BTW they do not permit cameras.

We will go back again - I've told my mother about the place, and if Dad and
I take her along, we had better budget at least three hours.  Shoot, I'd
better get her one of those little scooter seats and let her cruise at her
leisure.  Hmm, too bad they don't have a bar.

- A