[CH] Re: To the Jungle and Back

Myron Menaker (myronm@bellsouth.net)
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:36:09 -0500

http://www.junglejims.com/Informationpage.htm

Also....a friend in Cincinnati told me there's a local saying: "If you
can't get it at Jungle Jim's, you can't get it!"
(He thinks there may be sexual overtones there).

Myron

Gary Bellinger wrote:

> I may have missed it before but does Jungle Jims have a website address that
> I could visit since it would be an 8-hour trip + a border crossing one way.
> I'd love just to get a
> virtual look at the place and savor what the aroma of the place must be.
>
> Gary
>

> > >From: Myron Menaker <myronm@bellsouth.net>
> >
> > >Where is this?? Just north of Cincy...near Route I-75 or I-71? I have
> > >not been following the thread!
> >
> > The store is on Rt. 4 (the "Dixie Highway") a few miles north of the Cinci
> > outerbelt.  I admit I've never measured the distance from the outerbelt to
> > the store, but I would guess about six miles.
> >
> > Yes, they did have the table in the back with the hot sauces.  I didn't
> > recognize any of the names, though, and I didn't want to get myself
> started
> > on a burn cycle.  Plus I had no appetite after that restaurant lunch,
> which
> > may explain how we got out of there for under $150.
> >
> > Today I was browsing in the local groceries (I should just get a job as a
> > stock boy) and many of the prices in the produce setion were twice as high
> > as I had seen at the jungle.  But it isn't the price that sends me to that
> > store, it's the incomparable selection.  If I lived closer, I'd be buying
> > more meats and fish and cheese and short-term perishables.  As it is, I
> can
> > make my way there once a year or so, so I like to stock up on things like
> > sauces and dry goods like the excellent house-brand rice pilaf mix.  The
> > city I live in has decent groceries - which I have learned to appreciate
> > when I travel/camp in much smaller towns - but this place is the best.
> >
> > Risa, if you're a hour and fifteen minutes away from a place like this,
> > you're 45 minutes luckier than I am!
> >
> > BTW they do not permit cameras.
> >
> > We will go back again - I've told my mother about the place, and if Dad
> and
> > I take her along, we had better budget at least three hours.  Shoot, I'd
> > better get her one of those little scooter seats and let her cruise at her
> > leisure.  Hmm, too bad they don't have a bar.
> >
> > - A

Myron Menaker                      Daytona Beach FL USA
myronm@bellsouth.net     |
    http://www.fun-lists.com/images/toons/503.JPG |