[CH] Bread and butter jalapenos?

Scates, Dannie (DANNIES@aiinet.com)
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:05:10 -0500

Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:15:52 -0400
From: "Scates, Dannie" <DANNIES@aiinet.com>
Subject: FW: RE [CH] Bread and butter jalapenos?

> >Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:32:52 EDT
> >From: Solsearch@aol.com
> >Subject: [CH] Bread and butter jalapenos?
>

> >He's wondering if anyone can direct him to a good bread and butter
> jalapenos
> >recipe.
>
> The Quickest and easiest is to use Mrs Wages Quick Process Bread & Butter
> Pickle mix (or another brand) and use an equal weight of peppers slices
> instead of Cucumbers. I put aproximately 10 oz of hot liquid and spice mix
> into the jar first and then pack pepper slivers ( the food processor
> doesn't really slice) into the jar until the level is 3/8" from rim. This
> insures there is the same amount of liquid in each jar. Process acording
> to directions on spice package. The bread and butter hot peppers at the
> open fields were made with this method.
> Back to Lurk mode
> Dannie Scates

My suggestion for putting the liquid into the jar first should have been
"aproximately 10 oz of liquid, sugar, and spice mix into the QUART (5 oz per
pint) jar first. I then PACK (push down hard) peppers into the hot liquid."
Most Bread and Butter recipes call for lots of sugar. This makes a very
sweet syrup. It will take a few weeks for the flavor to develop (peppers to
pick up the sweet flavor)
Best Wishes
Dannie