RE: [CH] Chile Themed Restaraunts?

Holder, John (John_Holder@jdedwards.com)
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:48:58 -0700

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 11:21 PM, Eruna Schultheiss wrote:
> I fully agree with what you write about the decor. It's not that I have a
> problem  with contemporary, but the place is just not inviting to sit
down.
> That's why it was our take-out place.

Yep.  Contemporary can be done right - for instance, I love Tokyo Joe's...

> Now a question for you John: which are your favorite local burrito places?
> The chain which was Zteka and is now called Qdoba? We let you be the
judge,
> since both you and your wife are from New Mexico. I will voice my opinion,
> when it comes to Thai and Indian places ...

Actually, of the mainline burrito places around here, I like Bocaza's
(very non-traditional) green-chile pesto burrito.  Baja Fresh is pretty
good too.  Qdoba I've only been to once, and didn't like it more than
Bocaza,
which is about a block from work.  I haven't tried the burrito's at Wild
Willy's Capsicum Cantina yet.

On another note, I did go to Wild Willy's yesterday.  My review will follow
in another email...  We'll just say I didn't try the burrito, the other
chiles
on the menu were much more enticing...