Re: [CH] (Chili) Pepper marinade: Is laurel hardy? etc.

Eruna Schultheiss (eruna@taom.com)
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:04:25 -0700

On Wednesday, October 31, 2001, at 07:41 , F. Eugene (Gene) Dunnam wrote:

> I'd be interested in hearing from any of you [especially in the
> southeast] who have growing bay laurels more than 3 years old.

Gene,

I have 2 laurel plants that are a couple or 3 years old. I got them from
different places. One at the local Botanical Garden's plant sale, the
other one I think was mail order. I keep them in pots outside during the
summer, inside under the lights during the winter.

Actually I have a third one that I propagated and which has a lot of new
growth (likes it under the lights). It's important to prune your laurel
regularly, otherwise it will grow just straight up, missing the
branches ... That pruning of the top growth is what you use to propagate
a new plant.

Hope this helps, with my best regards

Eruna

zone 5, Colorado