Re: [CH] (Chili) Pepper marinade: Is laurel hardy? etc.

Eruna Schultheiss (eruna@taom.com)
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 21:30:47 -0700

on 10/31/01 17:33, Love2Troll at Love2Troll@kc.rr.com wrote:

> Eruna writes:  >>It's important to prune your laurel
> regularly, otherwise it will grow just straight up, missing the
> branches ... <<
>

> Eruna, (or anyone)
>
> How soon do you start prunning?  I have two potted, one 11" & the other 13".
> The 13 incher is sending out side branches at the bottom although its never
> been prunned.  Are they heavy feeders?  pH fussy?
>
> Just to keep on subject....   I do use bay leaves with my chile pepper laced
> bean soups.

John,

I start pruning them when they are about 6" tall; I like the plants to be
bushy. I never waited until they were one foot tall, so I am happy to hear,
that eventually they start getting branches even without pruning. Normal
feeding should be ok (that's what I do). pH fussy? I have them in potting
soil, which means I never had to deal with that question.

One thing that I noticed: when I propagated bay laurel, I had to pay
attention to very regular watering: bay laurel was more sensitive to my
neglect than other little plants I put under the lights at the same time.
So don't forget to water bay laurel, especially when young ...

Tschau,

Eruna