Re: [CH] California - Bound!

Dan Hirschi (danhirschi@earthlink.net)
Mon, 05 Nov 2001 21:08:52 -0500

At 05:21 PM 11/4/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear CH'ers,
>
>We'll be making one of our aperiodic trips west to the L.A./Orange Co.
>areas next month. Would appreciate your recommendations for any
>"not-to-be-missed" hot-shops and eating establishments.

Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Restaurant
69 W Green St
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626) 577-5175
(I believe it's in the back of the Cellophane Building)

Good soups that are full meals.  Good variety of spice levels.

I also used to go to a Sri Lankan restaurant in Hollywood.  Chamika at 1717
N Wilcox (just north of Hollywood Blvd).  I'm not sure if it's still there
(any one still in L.A. ever eat there?).  On weekends my favorite was
appes, a cross between a flour tortilla and a crepe.  you would get three,
one would have a fried egg in the bottom.  You get a bowl of curry to fill
it and wrap up.  The pumpkin and cashew curries were my favorite, the
chicken was good as well.  Best to bring friends, get different curries and
share.  Hopefully this

Dan
missing L.A. restaurants from Tennessee