[CH] weird chiles

Virginia Anderson (assembly1@waitrose.com)
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 14:04:35 +0000

on 6/11/01 7:18 am, "RisaG" <radiorlg@home.com> wrote:

> * * * * * * * ============
> ==========================
>
> ------------------------------

Have 22 states seceded? Just a josh, Risa.

Back to chile stuff, I've had round holes out of the leaves on some of my
poblanos.  There are little black bug-like things on the affected leaves
(about the size of a poppy seed - the bugs, not the leaves).  I'm washing
off aphids now that their in the house for the winter - will that get rid of
the hole-making bugs?

Also, most of my chiles this year have had little baby twins either
alongside or inside the normal-sized chile, whereas they didn't last year.
They're all fine tasting and most of them are going into the freezer for
future chile verde (or colorado-ish, since they taste better ripe).  If this
is the sign of permanent ill health I'd better make plans for plating new
ones rather than nurse these through the winter.  But I'd like to keep these
ones going if I can.

Thanks for all advice,

Cheers,

Virginia