Re: [CH] Re: Piri-Piri - Whiskey question

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 17:45:22 -0700

At 12:32 PM -0500 11/7/01, Gary Bellinger wrote:
>Laphroaig (pronounce La-Froyg) is the best of the Campbelltown and Islay
>malts which are distinctive because of their smoky taste which is derived
>from the water flowing through peaty bogs. Another great one is Talisker.
>Pure gold. If you want to sample a couple great Highland malts, try
>Dalwhinnie or Cardhu along with Glenlivet and Glenfiddich. I've never been
>much on the Lowland/Borders malts which have a flatter, less bold taste to
>them. Still not sure how the chiles would blend with the pure refined taste
>of the scotch though. A less refined Canadian rye would probably make a
>better sacrifice

got hold of some (really cheap) scotch once....couldn't stand
it....so i mixed it with orange juice, and after a couple big
swallows, it went down just fine.

:)

--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......