RE: [CH] OT? "Heat from the root"? Horse Radish

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 12:46:30 -0700

>--- Ed Stites <stites@ameritech.net> wrote:
>>  I was thinking at the time what my fellow Pod-heads thought about the
>"Heat from the root"?
>
>All,
>
>My tolerances fall way up there on the Scoville scale, pepperwise, but I'm
>stuck way down on the mild end of the horseradish scale. The difference in
>the chemistry that causes the heat sensation is amazing. Everyone is
>different that way, I guess.
>
>Jeff

That's actually how I react to vinegar in sauces and such.  I use
just vinegar and oil on salads, for example, with no problem (I can
control what I use), but many hot sauces just kill me because of the
vinegar, not the chile.

Also brings back memories of drinking multiple bottles of cheap cheap
wine and, uh, having to taste it twice.  I suppose that would be
cheap BAD wine.  Yuck.

(yer welcome for that afternoon graphic <g>)

--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael64
Monk of the TCS