Re: [CH] Horseradish & Mustard

Eruna Schultheiss (eruna@taom.com)
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 20:28:28 -0700

On Saturday, November 10, 2001, at 10:54 , peter g wrote:

> here's a site devoted ... i mean Devoted to horseradish !
> http://www.horseradish.org/homepage.html
> just try saying allylisothiocyanate without breathing thru yer nose !
> everything you wanted to know about horseradish and more ...
>     (anyone wanna enter a recipe contest?)
>
> regards
> peter g

Peter,

Thanks so much for that horseradish site. I grew up on horseradish, and
while reading your e-mail, it suddenly dawned on me: that's maybe what
got me into loving hot and spicy food? Basically, horseradish (and
garlic) might be responsible for me becoming a chili-head? Back in the
Valais in Switzerland, where I grew up, you can literally not buy
chillies. But you certainly can get your share of horseradish, and I did.

Interesting topic. And yes, a lot of mustard recipes call for vinegar. I
make herbal mustards with mustard powder. If I have a chance, I'll type
and post some recipes.

Best regards,

Eruna