Re: [CH] HAB MILKSHAKE

Andy (quark@erols.com)
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 22:37:19 -0500

Fred,

Fred Morris wrote:

> Hey Andy, your're really on to something here.  I tried your idea on a
> root beer float today (only about 1/2 tsp of Jim's apple smoked though)
> and it was Grrrrrrreat.

Glad you liked it -- I'll have to try the same.

> But c'mon, 2 rounded tsp??

Well, two is about my limit for a milkshake, and it does bring out a
little sweat. 1/2 to 1 is my normal amount.  But when Doug joins me,
there is a bit of competition and my tolerance rapidly builds up.

I you want the really absurd in this regard, you should see it at times
when Doug and I get together:   Evil cookies with vanilla ice cream and
lots of hab powder on top.

> How many pounds a year do you buy from Jim, anyway?

I first tried Jim's powder a few years ago when I ordered two 4-oz
bottles. When I tasted it, I promptly ordered another *pound and 1/2*.
(Does anyone have any idea just how many Red Savinas it takes to make a
pound of powder?!).