Re: [CH] My first CH-meeting

Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:05:31 -0600

>>We walked around some more and went to the red light district.<<

Miss Dewi,

Thanks for sharing details of your visit with us.  Brought back memories of my visit to A'dam.  As an avid photographer at the time, I took many pix while there.  Unfortunately, most of my photos were stolen when I flew back to the states.  Only pictures left are my "culls" and a very few good ones. The "ladies" were behind picture windows and men would "window shop".  If I recall correctly, the posted price was 16 guilders with & 20 guilders without.  Incredibly beautiful women. Will search through my stuff & see if I can find any pictures & will post them.  (and no, I didn't)  LOL!

I discovered a billiards table in a bar just off Canal (sp?) Street & played a game with the then current Holland national champion while there.  Very surprised, as it was the only such table that I had seen in Europe.  I learned 3 cushion billiards as a young teenager and was a pretty good player at the time.  He played only 1 cushion.  (wimp)  I broke and ran 17.  He then ran 50 and out.  Ouch!

The only hot foods that I found during my one year stint in Europe were the Indian curry dishes in London & the shaslik (sp?) in Germany.  Just wonderful!  Being of Norse descent  growing up in Minnesota, I had never had hot foods before.  Am still a fan.  LOL

JohnT