Re: [CH] Intro - Anyone home?

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:31:07 -0700

At 3:42 PM -0600 11/29/01, David H. Hatch - N9ZRT wrote:
>Hi Chile-Heads,
>
>I just joined. Cannot locate the archive. Link given in welcome
>message comes up as non-existent.

think the site is down, in process of relocating? i forget...someone
help this redneck out (me being the redneck, mon, not you...i just
have a crappy memory)...

>Curious if this list is alive and active and where the home page might be.
>
>As far as an intro, I am Dave Hatch, just like the peppers. Location
>is Wisconsin. Have been
>enjoying the crushed reds and others since college.

Welcome.  There are Lovers O' Chile of all types on this mail
list...some eat the heat at ridiculous (debatable, of course) levels,
some just wallow in the jalapeno and tobasco end of the spectrum, and
a few not only eat it hot as hell, but play Twister [TM!] with it,
and more.  But it's all good as if it involves chile peppers, you
can't go wrong, mon...

>Bald now, due to root-burn. :)

that sucks, brother...i've hair down to my arse (okay, not
quite...sheesh, picky picky people) and am thinking of braiding
chiles into it for the holidays...of course, I'll get nabbed at the
airport as I try to fly south for the winter, accused of carrying
weapons of mass destruction...there'll be a quick military tribunal
and Monk Rael will be sitting in Kansas for the next 40 years...god,
they'll pipe in Jimmy Buffet and feed me sardines and make me watch
Barney reruns...it'll be HELL, i say, HELL, and all for my love of
CHILES!!!

El Grande, guide me well!!!

(God forbid i carry a *book* with me as I hear even Harry Potter is suspect...)

>Anyone home?

I can't speak for anyone else (well...), but mentally, no, ain't no
one home at all, brother...but in spirit, there are a few hundred of
us Chilehead Souls here...or there...possibly everywhere (philosophy
class in 30 minutes...)...

But again, welcome...i'm sure someone else will provide the info re:
the chilehead website...

...and pardon my rambling/not making much sense...'tis my nature...dig?

--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael64
Monk of the TCS