[CH] Oatmeal

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 12:51:30 -0700

At 2:10 PM -0500 12/5/01, Mary Going wrote:
>I have my email program set up to skip messages that are over 40k.
>It send me a little "note" telling me if there's a message over that
>size, and I get about two lines of the email, plus who it's from,
>the subject, etc. If I want it, I press a "download" button. If not,
>I press a "delete" button. This one feature has prevented me from
>getting several viruses, plus countless large pieces of junk mail.
>:-)  (I use Eudora, but I suspect other programs have this feature.)
>
>On the topic of chiles: Ever eat hot sauce in oatmeal? I have been
>trying to avoid fattening breakfasts, so stopped adding butter and
>brown sugar to oatmeal. I figured I'd add hot sauce instead. The
>best one is 99%, but none of them had great results. Anybody have a
>better idea?
>
>- mary

but of course <g>...do like i do: fix oatmeal with brown sugar and
dried fruit (cranberries or cherries) or fresh (okay, frozen)
blueberries, and drink a cup of hot sauce laced coffee instead.  The
fibre received from the fruit along with the Vit C and phytochemicals
are good for you, the carbs from the sugar and fruit don't add up to
jack really in terms of kcal, and the coffee is okay if it's decaf
(my opinion only...no need to scream "DECAF?!?!?!" sheesh folks <g>)

The butter was the only "bad" thing about that breakfast, and that's
debatable too, assuming you weren't putting a 3 tablespoons in it or
anything like that...

Yet...it may be weird as well as not taste good, but you could
possibly add just a touch of chile infused oil to the oatmeal.  If
it's a "good" oil, well, all the better for ya, no?  Don't think you
can cook flax oil, thus can't make a chile oil from it, but there are
some other oils out there that have nutritional benefits, thus could
possibly be spiced up.

what about sinking cut chiles into sugar as one does with vanilla
beans? wonder if it will take on any heat "flavor"? both flavors are
from oils, yes? anyone tried that yet? sugar does have, uh, damn
what's that word (wird?), inhibitive properties in regards to
bacterial growth (just finished a paper/project for a food science
class...got all this shit language in my head...hehehe...)

where are the damned chemists??

well, now everyone *knows* why i drink decaf...

--
Peace, Hendrix, and CHiles.......
Rael64

"Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations--entangling
alliances with none..."  -Thomas Jefferson: 1st Inaugural Address, 1801