Re: [CH] Chips

Babs Woods (babs@funhouse.com)
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 01:34:06 -0500

        Pods,

> Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:19:11 -0500
> From: "Karen Stober" <kstober@us.ibm.com>
> Subject: Re: [CH] Chips
>
> When Dad and I were at the Holiday Inn Express in Sanford, FL, we
> bought a bag of Snyders Of Hanover Jalapeno chips from vending.
> They must have been pure salt.  No jalapeno flavor at all, far as
> Dad and I could tell.
>
> Karen

Huh.  Well, I won't say they're the "refreshing bean sprouts" of hot
potato chips, I still think they're very nice.  No, not unsalted,
but I was able to discern some good if relatively mild flavours.  I'd
snack on them but they're not so great that I'd eat them for food, so
to that extent I do see your point.  I'd like to find the more hot
chips others are finding so I could sample those and compare, but I
live in a relative backwater and if I see anything like that it may
be a while.

> Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:31:53 -0000
> From: "Parkhurst, Scott Contractor" <PARKHURS@LEAVENWORTH.ARMY.MIL>
> Subject: RE: [CH] Chips
>
> > bought a bag of Snyders Of Hanover Jalapeno chips from vending.
> > They must have been pure salt.  No jalapeno flavor at all
>
>    Hmmmmmmm.  The ones I've gotten from vending machines (the only
> place I can get them) have been relatively light on the salt with
> the best jalapeno flavor I've had in a chip.  Sounds like it could
> be a quality control problem.
>
> Scott... KCK

Hmmm.  Good question, it could be.  I think the ones we keep getting
are tasty, and they don't seem to have any more salt than any other
chips.

                                -babs

--
"Excuse me while I dance a little jig of despair."