RE: [CH] (Fwd) Seeds were not delivered

Dave Anderson (Chilehead@tough-love.com)
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:02:59 -0800

From:           	"T. Matthew Evans" <matt.evans@ce.gatech.edu>
To:             	"Love2Troll" <Love2Troll@kc.rr.com>, <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Subject:        	RE: [CH] (Fwd) Seeds were not delivered
Date sent:      	Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:05:30 -0500
> Recently I sent some seeds to Australia w/o problem.  Although my envelopes
> are colorfully illustrated, they don't say "seeds" on them.  Maybe Dave
> should ship in a *plain brown envelope*.

I ship all of my seeds in padded size 00 envelopes. Any order
shipped outside the US requires form CN-22 which lists the
contents and my certification that the item does not contain any
dangerous article prohibited by postal regulations. If I sent them
any other way, I would be breaking US law, and theoretically could
get my international customers in trouble with their governments. I
no longer ship to Italy and South Africa, but this is my first problem
with Australia. I'm surprised because I have so many customers
there. Apparently everyone in Italy knows some one in Switzerland
and everyone in South Africa knows some one in the United
Kingdom so they usually just have them shipped to their friends
who either put them in their luggage or re-package and mail them
onward.

Dave Anderson
Tough Love Chile Co.
Http://www.tough-love.com