Re: [CH] Chile Head Chefware

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 23:36:43 -0700

At 6:46 PM -0800 12/12/01, Jim Morrissey wrote:
>I do alot of listening on this list, and I thank everyone for all of the
>great information that passes through.
>I came across this site, looking for a gift, and they have some really great
>chile chefware. Oven mitts, gloves, overalls, chef jackets, and one of the
>main patterns they carry are chiles and some habs.
>I, of course have no affiliation with the company.
>back to lurk.
>http://www.chefwear.com/index.html
>
>Hope everyone enjoys the holiday.
>
>Jim
>Jim@berk.com

i've been wearing chefwear pants for years.  I'll vouch for their
good wear and tear-ability as I only recently replaced my pair of
white chile print pants.  The older pair is still wearable, but quite
worn...but one should understand that the pair in question has
survived around 5 years in commercial kitchen environments.  Not
damned bad.  And while I'm not cooking anymore, the pants are great
for the gym as well as warmer weather wear.  The two basic (original)
chile patterns are the best, IMO.  The "habanero" pattern is nice,
but the white background with chiles is the best.  Bright as hell.
Had this pair on at the Open Fields.  The "hot tomato" pattern is
pretty damned bright for a black background pair, as well as the
chile pattern too.   Tie-dye patterns are garment dyed which is nice
(can roll up the bottoms and the interior isn't the "white" of the
back of the print).

It's in the 20's or less here in Idunno.  My redneck ass is FREEZING!
(not really...i layer <g> damn cold tho..) Saw some sun today, but
looks like more snow.

but i made red beans and rice today.  Spoonful of ground long
chocolate habanero  (gracias again to the Nubile in Boise...you made
my life so very wunnerful, as well as my beans) and a spoonful of Jim
C's apple smoked habanero added to my batch.  Made a mild batch too
for Those Who Lack Enlightenment (that being the nubile who tolerates
me at present as well as a neighbor).  Coffeeshop woman next door
said, whilst eating a bowl of my (real deal) RB&R, small droplets of
sweat on her forehead, "those are some damn good beans".  I took that
as high compliment.

Anywho, I *wish* i had an affiliation w/the chefwear company...I
could use a couple more pairs of pants CHEAP...only have 15 pairs <g>.

Uh oh, them beans are calling...El Grande, be kind!

--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael64
Monk of the TCS