Re: [CH] Not a lovely subject: Cold sores.

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 14:27:28 -0700

At 10:58 PM -0500 12/14/01, Mark Barringer wrote:
>Now I know I have posted in awhile, and the subject matter here is not a
>very pleasant one, but I need to ask you all a question.
>
>I get a cold sore maybe once every winter on average.  I have had one for
>about a week now, but it is healing.
>
>Last night, while watching me each a plate of nachos completely laden with
>"Road To Hell" hot sauce, my mom made the following comment: "Maybe you
>should cut back on eating all that hot stuff because the acid will not help
>the cold sore on your lip."
>
>Is my mom's comment true?  Should I cut back, at least until the thing heals
>completely?  Any observations are greatly appreciated.

I can't remember who, but there was someone on this list - may still
be on the list - who, I thought, said she often/sometimes was plagued
by a cold sore or something similar on the inside(s) of her mouth.
Quite painful, as I'd imagine, but she (the memory sez) claimed she
was desperate once and put the interior side of a cut habanero
against the sore.  Wickedly painful, of course, but claimed the sore
went away in a mere couple of days.  Was quite pleased with the
result.

Anyone else remember this post? I've never tried it as the only sore
I get in my mouth comes from my biting my own cheek (oral stupidity?
wait, let's not go there...).  Would be an interesting science
project tho...

It would indeed take either acute despondency or a good drunk for
most people to do this, i would think...but who knows?

--
Peace...

Rael"...now, I've snorted meZcal [sic], but that didn't seem to do
anything...getting that damned worm out of my nose was a problem
though..."64

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin