RE: [CH] Re: Restaurant vet.

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:17:35 -0700

At 2:45 PM +0000 12/19/01, Parkhurst, Scott Contractor wrote:
>  > I still want to make huge batches of soups, roast entire pans
>>  of bacon strips
>
>    My restaurant experience has been fast food and pizza joint.
>Only heat was the jalapenos at the pizza place.  My sweet wife
>(sorta girlfriend at the time) learned about Hunan hand after
>a night with her hands in the jalapeno bin.
>
>    But the urge to prep on a large scale comes around every so
>often.  20# of biscuit dough, 40# of pizza dough, 15 gallons (US)
>of sauce, cracking 180 eggs for scrambling to get through the first
>breakfast rush.  Slicing 50# bags of onions till the only relief
>was a trip to the walk-in freezer.
>
>    If I ever get the financial wherewithall to design my dream
>kitchen, it won't be one of those artsy nouvelle hoity-toity
>affairs.  Strictly commercial, with a big ol' Hobart stand mixer,
>a Berkel slicer (dangerous to the uninitiated), couple of Hobart
>convection ovens, walk-in cooler and freezer and a triple tub sink
>with high pressure hot water hose to blast the crud loose.

oh yes...but you forgot the dual steamer, Hobart blender, and
Alto-Sham (for those times you wanna proof 20-ish loaves of bread or
slow cook 12 prime ribs...hehehe...)

FYI: unsubbing the list for a couple weeks as I'm journeying back to
Mississippi to mooch off the folks for the holidays...

Peace to all...and Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael64