Re: [CH] slathers of flavored ketchups - Szechawan

Andy (quark@erols.com)
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:12:53 -0500

Ted,

I've been in exactly the same situation - I like Szechwan style
cooking, but there are times that I want something really spicy - and
then no chinese restaurant can make it hot enough for me.

If I put several tablespoons of chile oil/paste on the food, the chile
oil flavor will drown out the other (good) flavors.

The only solution is to go to a Thai restaurant (that has Thai hots) or
bring my own hab powder and/or PurCap solution.  A 4-6 drops of PurCap
solution makes the hot-and-sour soup really hot!

Andy