Re: [CH] "Cuban"

Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 04:16:15 -0600

>For a year or two, I grew and used a wonderful and beautiful chile called
"Cuban".

 Sounds like Cubanelle to me.  It's been my fav sweet pepper for many years now.  The only pepper that compares to it's sweet, spicy taste is Spanish Spice Hy.  Although best when fully red they can be eaten at any stage.  If conditions are just right they can develop just a tad of heat.  The best tasting raw sweet pepper ever.  I also stuff them with a Cajun rice, ground hot sausage mixture & top with cheese.   I freeze them whole for soups & stews.

Growing conditions in the Midwest seem just right for it.  Don't think it does as well in hotter climes according to people that I have sent seeds to.  (Texas & California)  Although Tom reports good success in Paris, Texas.  (Right Tom?)

I would offer seeds, but am just about out.  Sent seeds to Australia, Germany & Holland earlier this year.  Guess I need to find a source myself or bag some for seed this year.

JohnT