Re: [CH] Satay

Buffalo Sue (bflosue@earthlink.net)
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 18:37:06 -0600

This is an awesome recipe from The Whole Chile Pepper Book
by Dave DeWitt and Nancy Gerlach.  I love it as a dip for
raw veggies, and I always make a double batch:

Peanut-Chile Sauce
3 Tbs dries crushed Piquin chiles (a lot less for non-CH)
4 scallions, chopped (white part only)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 Tbs peanut oil
1 C chicken broth (can use veggie broth)
1 Tbs soy sauce
2 tsp dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 Tbs lime juice
1/2 C crunchy peanut butter (I use all natural pb)

Saute scallions, garlic, ginger in the oil for 3-4 min
until soft and transparent, but not browned.

Add chicken stock and bring to boil.  Reduce heat and
stir in remaining ingredients.  Simmer uncovered 10-15
min until thickened.

--

Buffalo Sue

"Mild is a four-letter word..."