RE: [CH] scallops

bill jernigan (billjernigan@iqonline.net)
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:31:13 -0500

At 08:50 AM 1/23/02 -0500, T. Matthew Evans wrote:
>I agree with Tom here -- I have lived in Virginia Beach, VA and Atlanta, GA
>for 25 of the last 30 years and have always found that the most expensive
>scallops were the largest (typically U-8, but sometimes U-6 or U-10).

seem to remember hearing something the other day to the effect that the
large scallops were the most expensive, 'cos they were dying out...for
years, everyone knew they were getting rare, till recently, when someone
checked...

and found that they were dying out 'cos they were overpopulated...there
were too many of them for the food source...so now they're harvesting lots,
and the price is going down...said they should soon be cheaper than the
little ones...

(ain't marketing wonderful?)...

(or did i dream that?)...

bill

It just doesn't seem right to go over the river and through the woods to
Grandmother's condo.