Re: [CH] Scallops & diving

Rich McCormack (macknet@pacbell.net)
Sun, 03 Feb 2002 10:46:59 -0800

John wrote:

> FWIW.... It was 37-deg. F at 30 feet last Sunday (January 27) in
> Gloucester, MA. No scallops or lobbies spotted. Plenty of Chili's from
> the summer harvest to warm us up, though!

Man...you are dedicated divers.  Brrrrr!  I don't dive myself, but
we've got a friend that does.  He brought us some abalone fresh from
a Mexican dive trip.  We pounded the crap out of it, sliced it into
strips, dipped it in beaten egg, breaded it with chile and cumin
spiced bread crumbs, pan fried it in a quarter inch or so of peanut
oil, then served it with salsa fresca, Mexican rice and refried
black beans on the side.  Mmmmm, mmm...good stuff.

--
"Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations--entangling
alliances with none..."

Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@pacbell.net

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...
http://home.pacbell.net/macknet/