RE: [CH] Follow that food

RisaG (radiorlg@yahoo.com)
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:16:43 -0800 (PST)

I agree there. I wasn't thrilled with the actual
chef's they used - they had a lot to work with - even
in-house - Emeril, Bobby, Sara says she is a
chile-head, you name it.

The other thing that bothered me was that after the
dishes were finished you didn't see Gordon even eat
it. Except for the one in NYC. The one with Hab sauce
didn't get a nibble from him and I didn't see him eat
the chicken dish from the lady who got the Tierra box.

The sauces did look good though. I would eat any of
them. I went to the Food TV website and got 3 of the
recipes that they showed.

I was happy that they dealt with chiles but they
could've used better chef's and they could've shown
Gordon eating the food, those were my 2 problems with
the show. I do agree that Gordon got the names wrong -
many times. He said that any smoked chile is called a
chipotle and that is incorrect. He could've done his
research!

My 2 cents,

--- "T. Matthew Evans" <matt.evans@ce.gatech.edu>
wrote:
> George (and all CH's) --
>
> Yes, I caught the show as well, but wasn't quite as
> impressed (although some
> of the recipes did look kind of nice).  Two major
> things really sort of
> burned me --
>
> (1) Gordon Idiot referred to every fresh chile as a
> jalapeno and every
> smoked chile as a chipotle.

=====
RisaG