Re: [CH] Father Jim, OPEN FIELDS

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Wed, 06 Feb 2002 14:02:40 -0500

Hi C-H's,
While Jim's away and not checking his email regularly (I hope!) he
wrote this a week or two ago:

>Speaking of Open Fields....  It appears there WILL be an open fields
>this fall.  ....... the Open Fields patch will have no other purpose
>than to supply
>bounty to those attending.  There will be no harvest restrictions and no
>need to try and pick stuff for the poor sap hosting the event.  The only
>purpose the plot will have is to support this event.  You'll be able to
>pick as much as you want with a clear conscience.  As a result though,
>the plot will be quite a bit smaller.  I figure about a 1/4 acre
>(roughly 2,000 plants) should suffice us though I will gladly accept
>advice on the matter.  Likely dates are the 28th & 29th of September for
>those of you needing to make plans.  More details as they are
>discovered.

What's wrong with this picture? Jim rents the field space, buys the
seed, pays for a nursery to grow the plants, pays labor to plant and
plastic mulch the rows, rents "Port-A-Loos" and tents for our
convenience and hands out copious quantities of hot sauce products to
go along with all the free peppers we can pick.

Anyone else think this sounds a little one-sided?
--
---
                      Regards,               Cameron.