RE: [CH] Pepper Disease Diagnosis Challenge

Russell Spanard (RSpanard@attbi.com)
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:11:33 -0500

Terry:
Appreciate the info. Regarding the "tiny spots on the lower leaves of the #1
picture", that's just some overspray from an epsom salt solution that I
spritzed over some blossoming Aurora plants that happened to be near the
"Zenzeri" peppers under the grow lights. It rinses off with water.

This one is still a mystery to me, although I've resigned myself to pitch
the ailing plant for the safety of the others. I'll take a few more photos
before I leave it on the porch overnight (a type of euthanasia!)

Ciao,
Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of Terry VanKirk
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 12:17 AM
To: 'Russell Spanard'; chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: RE: [CH] Pepper Disease Diagnosis Challenge

Russ,
I asked my 85-year-old Italian uncle who has been growing peppers and
just about everything else since way back in the 20's when he was a boy
on a farm and here is what he said about the pepper problem.  Hope it
helps... Terry

I never had that on my pepper plants.
But I did have a very similar problem with my tomato plants once. The
nursery man said it was leaf curl, or leaf mold, and to get rid of all
the plants that have it, at once. To me it seems both plants are
infected. Notice the tiny spots on the lower leaves of the #1 picture of
the 2 good ones. It may be the start of problems for them as well. My
opinion is the seeds were contaminated by a diseased Parent plant.