RE: [CH] Father Jim, OPEN FIELDS

Russell Spanard (RSpanard@attbi.com)
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 18:51:01 -0500

Pods,

I'm guessing that if Jim C. is feeling a bit uncomfortable with this thread,
he'd also be a tad uncomfortable accepting a collective gift (unless,
perhaps, it was a Porta-Potty shaped like a Red Savina...).

A suggestion: As Matt said, "If everyone coming to Open Fields pitched in a
couple of bucks (say, $20?)", but then simply ordered some of Mile to Wild's
splendiferous products and indicated that they wanted to pick them up at
Open Fields instead of having them shipped. Or have them shipped if you
can't make it to the event (or can't wait!). It appears to be the best of
both worlds. A good way to support the cause is to support the sponsor of
the cause (and/or his company). (And a couple of more bottles of Apple
Smoked RS powder on my shelf wouldn't upset me a bit!)

Just a thought.

Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of T. Matthew Evans
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 6:18 PM
To: Riley J. McIntire; Doug Irvine; Cameron Begg
Cc: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: RE: [CH] Father Jim, OPEN FIELDS

I've been following this thread closely, but have not felt qualified to
contribute as I have never met Jim nor have I ever been to an Open Fields.
That said, what about a gift?  If everyone coming to Open Fields pitched in
a couple of bucks (say, $20?), then we (someone) could purchase a gift --
once the gift has been purchased, Jim won't say "no", and perhaps we could
pick something out that he really needs but wouldn't necessarily purchase
for himself.

Matt