[CH] Singapore Noodle Recipes

Jim Weller (Jim.Weller@salata.com)
16 Feb 02 19:28:10 -0800

 -=> Quoting Jack and Toni to All <=-

 JaT> We just got back from the local Chinese place and had Singapore
 JaT> Noodles, we  spiced them up with powdered Savina and it was GOOD :)
 JaT> Does anyone have a  recipe for this dish?

Here's a few:

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Singapore Noodles
 Categories: Pork, Noodles, Shellfish, Chinese, Chilies
      Yield: 4 Servings

      6 oz Medium rice stick noodles
      2 tb Soy sauce
      2 tb Oyster sauce
      2 tb Rice wine vinegar
      2 tb Liquid honey
    1/2 ts Hot chili paste
      1 tb Vegetable oil
      1 tb Curry powder
      1 tb Minced ginger root
      3    Cloves garlic; minced
      1 c  Finely sliced leeks
      1    Sweet red pepper; chopped
      1    Green pepper; chopped
      8 oz Lean pork; cut into thin
           -strips
      8 oz Shrimp; peeled and deveined
      3 c  Bean sprouts
    1/4 c  Chopped fresh coriander; as
           -garnish

  In bowl, pour boiling water over noodles; let stand for 10 minutes.
  Drain. Meanwhile, whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, vinegar,
  honey and chili paste; set sauce aside. In wok or large deep skillet,
  heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry curry, ginger and garlic for
  30 seconds. Add leeks and red and green peppers; stir-fry for 1
  minute.   Add pork and shrimp; stir-fry for 4 minutes or until shrimp
  are pink. Add noodles, sauce and bean sprouts; gently toss to combine.
  Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until noodles are heated through. Garnish
  with coriander.