Re: [CH] Germination rates

Mike Huculak (bear1@videotron.ca)
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:11:54 -0500

RODNEY LIVINGSTON wrote:

>  Hi everyone hope you are all fine. I am just soo happy I have to share
> it . I have pepper seedlings popping up all over. In 13 days my Rocoto
> have hit a 75% germination rate , Tobasco and Giant Serrano at 50 % and
> Peter Pepper at 25%. There is no trace of the Jaral or De Arbol yet .  I
> also have some Turkish Cayenne , Golden Habanero and Hatvani Eros
> planted but they are only at 10 days so I am not in a hurry yet . I
> almost didn`t plant the Rocoto because they are so difficult. The lure
> of a thick fleshed pepper won out and now I`m so happy I could burst !
> My hot house is all ready as well so tomorrow my babies will move from
> my gym out there.
> Yours Truly
> Rodney

Good for you, Rodney. I got only 20% for my Rocoto's. I'm fairing
much better with Caribbean Reds, Datils, Fataliis and Scotch Bonnets, about
70%. I just sowed another batch of seed yesterday and I'm aiming to
grow about 26 varieties this year. I'm in Montréal, where abouts are you.

Mike

--
"Profanity has been known to offer spiritual relief denied to
prayer."