Re: [CH] PEPPERS AND SHADE V8 #502

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:23:26 -0500

Hi C-H's and Brent,

Brent Thompson wrote:
>But probably your hot wilty weather has much higher ambient humidity than
>hot wilty weather in some other common chile-growing climes, e.g. Texas,
>most of California, or most anywhere else in SW USA, so maybe C. chinense
>cannot cope as well there, with their big water-emitting leaves.  (I can't
>say, since I grow few C. chinense, our weather is rarely above 90 F, and
>right here near SF bay our humidity doesn't usually get below about 30-35%,
>either.)

You are quite correct in that observation. The weather here in Ohio
is often in the 90's during the Summer but the humidity is almost
always very high also. I also irrigate regularly too, which will
create a humid microclimate. That said, the plants can look pretty
sad at the end of a hot day so the water must be going somewhere.
--
---
                      Regards,               Cameron.