Re: [CH] Under the weather pick-me-up

Shaun Rimmer (shaun@newtronic.co.uk)
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:46:15 -0000

Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 03:59:27 -0800 (PST)
From: Ted Wagner <trwagner1@yahoo.com>
Subject: [CH] Under the weather pick-me-up

I just had to relate this to fellow chileheads.

I've been a bit under the weather since Monday evening...only feeling
good enough to peak my head outside and go to work just this morning.

Tuesday and Wednesday, I treated myself to a 5 splash delight of orange
hab hot sauce in a juice glass of Red Gold tomato juice (other tomato
juices are just imposters in Indiana).  ;-)

Oh, boy does that really pick you up and make you feel better!

;-)

Ted

Howdy Ted,

Sounds good - I used to make something similar (haven't for a while).

It's basically just a bloody mary without the wodka ',;~}

I'd use tom juice if we had it, or just a tin of plum toms, blended and
sieved. To that I'd add a generous amount of black pepper, a few squirts of
Worcestershire sauce (only _ever_ use Lee and Perrins, folks!), a little
dark brown sugar, and either plenty of Tabasco or cayenne or chilli-paste or
a mixture.

Mix, put into a chilled pint glass (ice it if you like) and drink. Scrummy!

I especially liked this for sore throats - hurts on the way down for the
first gulp, then sooooothes excellently afterwards. Those pesky bacteria
don't stand a chance against such an armoury :-)

 Shaun still only 2 out of 40 seeds sprouted :-( R
--
Desire for Fire!