OT: Re: Salt: WUZ: Re: [CH] hot chocolate... hotter than usual V8

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:27:52 -0700

At 9:02 AM +0100 05.03.02, T wrote:
>  > gelato is typically described as being more dense (less air) than ice
>>  cream.  Also  less fat, less cream, fewer eggs, and no butter
>
>Interesting, as all the recipes I have tend to have more eggs, but less
>cream.  This is from the recipe book that came with my Simac (the recipes
>are in Italian, as that is where I bought the machine).
>
>Tom

As I understand it, Italy is quite regional, i.e. there may be vast
differences in recipes, general procedures, etc.  There are two
Italians, each in a different region of Italy, on another list i
subscribe to and it's quite interesting to read their posts about
various food-related things as they tend to differ, not be "the
same".  Guess it's sorta (very) foolish/stereotypical of me to think
if it's Italian, it's done This Way, but initially I suppose I do
think that. Inbred stupidity? Dunno.  Maybe it's my classical French
training as the French *do* tend to say, This Is How It Is Done,
Period.  Hmmm...

Well, now I've gone and insulted the French.

French?

"How you English say, I one more time - a unclog my nose in your
direction, sons of a window-dresser! So, you think you could
out-clever us French folk with your silly knees-bent running about in
dancing behavior! I wave my private parts at your aunties,...you
cheesy lot of second hand electric donkey bottom biters."   - Monty
Python and the Holy Grail -

[hmmm...electric donkey bottom biters...an obscure reference to
Dick's _Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep_? oooooh, spooooky!]
--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......
Rael64