Re: Salt: WUZ: Re: [CH] hot chocolate... hotter than usual V8 #502

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 18:53:28 -0600

VoodooChile wrote:

> gelato is typically described as being more dense (less air) than ice
> cream.  Also  less fat, less cream, fewer eggs, and no butter (all
> according to Marcella Hazan).

  Ah, so it's like ice cream, except  without flavor and creamy goodness.  I get
it now.  Do they at least leave in a decent amount of sugar or other sweetening
agent???  The recipe you posted had some, but I wouldn't know if that's a typical
gelato recipe or not...  me being a gelato virgin and all.

> Here is a gelato recipe.

  Nuh-uh, I snipped it.

> What?? Smack that woman around some! She's dingy! No, I'm joking.
> Surely do not want to offend, her or you.  Maybe she needs to view it
> drunk?  Such a sad tale, indeed.  I'm almost speechless.

Thank you; I do appreciate your pity.  Unfortunately, she pretty much goes from
sober to mild buzz to headache and needing to go to bed, in a little under 15 - 20
minutes, start to finish.  Wouldn't get much movie watched in that amount of
time...

  Good news is, a case of wine from our wonderful (semi) local winery lasts a
whole lot longer when it's mostly just me sipping at it.  :-)))))  Hey, I'm not
selfish, just appreciative of good fortune where I can find it.

  Bad news is, sitting around in front of the tube on a Friday night with a mild
buzz isn't quite as fun, when you're the only one who has one.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099