Re: [CH] Re: Chile vernacular

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:38:29 -0600

VoodooChile wrote:

>>>  Practice safe sear, huh?

>>>  I know what Cameron is talking about, I've used a plain patternless
>>> one as
>>>  part of my camping gear.  It's like a pot holder, but only large
>>> enough to
>>>  fit like a sleeve over a skillet handle.  I have learned that they
>>> are easy
>>>  to lose.

>>   Camping eh???  Would this also be useful to chase away the chill
>> from more
>> sensitive areas on those cold camping nights?  (Assuming  **harrumph
>> harrumph**
>> that they make a size appropriate for very large.......... er, pots.)

> actually, I remember seeing ads in Playboy when i was but a lad for
> Playboy's very own "package warmers".  Knitted slipcovers, for lack of a
> better term.  May have even had a bell sewn on the end of them <g>.

A girlfriend crocheted one of those for me one Xmas. The length and girth

were quite flattering to say the least. But the little drawstring sack at

the open end would have given a squirrel a headache.

Since she used red and green yarn it did look somewhat like a chile.

ENJOY!!!
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen