Re: [CH] Any News?

Gail Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 22:50:13 -0600

Sandy Olson wrote:

> Does anyone know if Calvin, of the famous pepper blend, is still on the
> list?  Or still selling his wares?  I emailed him at the address on my
> quickly disappearing last bottle of red pepper mix but haven't heard from
> him.
>

> SandyO
> CH #1146 of the moderate persuasion so I sprinkle lightly

  Sandy, Wendy, and others who have observed my absence from posting to the
List.  I'm still here, lurking.  I get my email read about twice a month or so,
since I have been working a lot out of town.  Thanks again for your interest in
my powder.  I have had allergy tests run and found out I'm   allergic to the
nightshade plants (potato, tomato, pepper), corn, carrots and chocolate.  I
have been advised to lay off of peppers, especially grinding them, for a while
to see if my condition improves.  This is really a  bum trip.  Try eating out
without eating corn, peppers, spuds, or tomatoes.  Don't delete me from your
memory just yet, because there is a good chance that the shots plus some time
will allow me to get back into the peppers without a reaction.  For now,
though, it looks like a dismal, heatless diet at my house.  Believe me when I
say that bland is the pits!
Hope all you Chileheads are doing well, and good growing to all you folks north
of the equator.
Calvin