[CH] Indiana Hotluck

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:29:19

>From: "Riley J. McIntire" <Riley@ChileGarden.com>

>Is that a firm date?  Must have missed it if Jim announced it.
>
>Riley

Perhaps you are confusing the Red Lion hotluck in PA with Jims fields.

However, Jim did recently announce the next Indiana hotluck, and I'll take
the liberty of reposting that text here:

- - - - - - - - -
Time once again to announce the Indiana Hotluck and Fiery Foods Expo!

When:  April 5th (Hotluck starts around 6 pm or so, lasts till 2 AM last
year ;-)  April 6th is the Fiery Foods Expo (evil corporate enterprise
thingy)

Where:  Thomas Family Winery 203 E 2nd St Madison, IN  1-800-948-8466
for info

Lots of free food, good people, music, & drinks.

See you all there!

-Jim Campbell, Owner, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Mild to Wild Pepper & Herb Co (R)

- - - - - - - - -

And my usual plug for the event, it's a good time in an old historical Ohio
River town.  I like to joke that they have a historical plaque marking the
Largest Number of Historical Plaques on a Navigable Mile of the Ohio River
Between Cairo and Pittsburgh.  Unfortunately this event tends to come a
little bit too early for the height of the spring bloom in the gardens and
on the hills.  The weather is always a wild card, but the people are always
fun.  I like to watch the curious non-CH browse the hotluck tables saying
things like "you put pepper in that, too?"

Maybe this year Linda and I will camp in Clifty Falls State Park - since
some of us regional chileheads are developing our own camping/cooking
tradition, I would love to have a springtime camping event to see everyone
again. Anyone else interested?

- A